Monday, September 1, 2014

Pirates

I have one last "summer" craft I'm trying to squeeze in before the new school year starts tomorrow. A few weeks ago we did a Pirate unit and I had the kids make little faces with paper plates. We used the small paper plates and I made skin-toned paint by mixing white and brown. The kids painted the plate and when it was dry, the boys had the option of making a beard with fingerprints. (They drew in a little mouth first.)
Then they all made little hats for their pirates. I cut out really small skulls and bones for them to glue on.
For the girls, I decided to give them all pig tails that matched their own hair color and style. I stapled them on to the sides of the plates and covered the staples with glitter glue (to look like rubber bands).
Then they finished drawing the face.
Finally, they added a wiggle eye and a patch, which was cut from black construction paper. They drew two lines coming from the patch to look like it was wrapped around the head. They turned out so cute!






I put them on my door with a sign that says, "My Students Aarrgh Great!"
It's been a fun summer with these seven kids of mine!

No comments: