Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Guinea Pig Craft (and a Baby Kangaroo)

I know I haven't posted in a long time -- sorry. I was out of town for a bit and then I was under the weather for what seemed like forever! I'm still not 100%, but I'm finally getting some energy back. Today I'm sharing a little craft we did last week for our Pet theme. In our classroom, we have a little guinea pig named Oreo. He's mostly black with a little strip of white behind his head.
He is a cutie and loved by all so we decided to make our own little Oreos. I found a coloring sheet of a guinea pig here and the kids made black fingerprints all over it.


Then they stretched out some cotton balls, dipped them in glue and added the white stripe to complete our Oreos!

When they were dry, I cut around them and hung them up above Oreo's cage.
The kids were excited to give Oreo some friends since his cage mate, Hershey, past away earlier in the school year.
Also, to go along with our Pet theme, our director brought in different animals everyday. And on Friday, we had a baby kangaroo visit us!!


He's just 1 year old and loved to explore our classroom. The kids got to pet him and follow him around.
Oh, what an exciting day that was! I just had to take pictures because how many parents would believe their kids if they said a kangaroo was in their classroom?!

No comments: