Sunday, December 22, 2013

Simple Gingerbread Display

It's been a very busy month for me and it wasn't until last Monday that I realized I hadn't thought of a holiday class display yet. I've always done one in the past and I just couldn't NOT do one this year. So I did a very easy one that took hardly any time at all. I traced gingerbread boys and girls onto brown paper and the kids decorated them with markers, buttons and wiggle eyes.

I also printed out a coloring sheet of a gingerbread house (found here), but I made it poster size so it printed on 9 pieces of paper. After putting it together, I traced it onto a big sheet of white paper. The kids used markers and crayons to color it.
I printed out the words Happy Holidays and put them under the roof so I could trace the letters. (I don't trust myself to not screw up when writing free-hand.) I hung up the house in the hallway, cut out the gingerbread people and placed them around the house. So easy!

I've definitely done the opposite of easy before when I made this gingerbread house class display out of felt many years ago:
You can read more about that here, if you'd like!

No comments: