Thursday, December 5, 2013

Jeweled Egg Shakers

My kids love the egg shakers from our musical instrument collection. They fit perfectly in their hands and are easy to use. So I thought it would be fun if they made their own! I brought in some plastic easter eggs and stuck a bunch of sequins onto small glue dots. The kids picked the color egg they wanted and decorated it with the sequins.


Then I scooped up some rice into the bottom half of the egg. I didn't use too much rice because I thought it sounded better with less.
And then, to keep the rice mess to a minimum, I used a toothpick to apply craft glue around the rim.
It didn't work very well. You could still pull apart the egg, but I think the glue would hold it together if the egg was dropped. We'll see! I put them in an egg carton until they were dry.
It was another simple project that the kids absolutely loved!

No comments: