Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Yarn Block Stamping

After seeing this cool painting technique at Splish Splash Splatter, I knew I had to try it with my kids.
I took some blocks from our block center and wrapped them in yarn.
I used masking tape to secure the yarn to the blocks.
Because we were learning about green today, I made three shades of green paint. (Although I think using a whole bunch of colors would be best.)
Then the kids just stamped their papers!

I decided to cut their papers kind of funky to give them a little more visual stimulation, and then I framed them on a piece of green paper.


I think they turned out so cool! I will definitely have to try this with more colors someday. I should warn you, though -- the paint was not easy to clean off the blocks. If I do this again, I will use scrap wood from my basement!

No comments: