Thursday, June 9, 2011

Skunk Paintings

Today we learned about skunks. I kept the art very simple indeed. So much so, that I probably don't even have to blog about it. But I will! I just put out black and white paint and let the kids do whatever they wanted. I put light purple paper out (we were all out of gray) so both the black and white paint would show up well. Some kids painted skunks.


Others did an abstract painting:


Didn't I tell you it was simple?

Fun Fact: Skunks would rather not spray because they only carry enough of the smelly chemical for 5 or 6 sprays, and it takes about 10 days to produce another supply.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I just stumbled upon your blog today (thanks to a google search) and I love your craft ideas. The skunk paintings are so simple, yet so effective. Thanks for sharing them.

Betsy said...

Thanks, Melissa! I haven't been blogging long so it's good to know that I'm helping people already!